|COGEN Portugal Presentation
COGEN Portugal is the Portuguese Association for the promotion of Cogeneration, a non-profit entity.
Its objective is to promote rational use of energy through decentralised energy production, namely combined heat and power systems. The main activity is lobbying for a legal, economical and technical framework which promotes the cogeneration. At the same time, defending the interests of all those who invested in this activity and supporting the development of potential new projects.
COGEN Portugal is the National Member of Cogen Europe, situated in Brussels. This European Association seeks for the promotion of Cogeneration in Europe, identifying obstacles to its development and coordinating efforts to reduce them in colaboration with EU Entities (Commission, Council and Parliament) and the National Associations.
The Association has today with more than 100 members with interest in decentralised energy production, with special emphasis in cogeneration.
Cogen Portugal Recent Past
Due to the development of cogeneration in Portugal since the beginning of the 90’s, namely with Diesel Engines, and due to the difficulties which surrounded this activity, a group of 15 cogenerators founded APPEC (Portuguese Association for the Promotion of Cogeneration) in January 1994.
The fact that Cogen Portugal is part of an European net of Cogeneration Associations, lead to the change of its social designation, in 1997, from APPEC to COGEN Portugal.
COGEN Portugal Aims
This web page is only a brief summary of our website.
- To defend and represent the collective interests of its members;
- To promote the efficient use of energy through cogeneration or other processes of decentralised energy production;
- To conjugate and coordinate the initiatives and efforts of several members, namely promoting the optimisation of common use of goods and services;
- To accompany the legal, economical and technical conditionalisms of this activity exploration;
- Collaboration with official institutions on subjects of common interests;
- To participate in initiatives of research and development;
- To promote specialized technical and technological training;
- To give technical collaboration and advice by its own initiative or when required by others;
- To collaborate with other Associations with the same interests;
- To participate in events organized by other institutions with the same interests.
If you would like to know more about us or have any inquiry, please feel free to contact us.
Phone: +351 226 153 310
Fax: +351 226 153 319